Id No... 141
Director of Human Resources
Le Meridien Dhaka
Responsible for the operation of the Human Resources Department in the implementation and administration of personnel policies, practices and procedures.
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources, as well as market-based Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
To summarise, it is not the intention of this Job Description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your position. It is essential that all associates are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
BBA /MBA major in HRM will get preference.
At least 8 year(s)
Age at least 30 years
• Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
• Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
o Compensation and Benefits - The knowledge of principles, regulatory laws, and application of human resources compensation and benefit methods, including workers compensation and work accident procedures.
o EEO - Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations that affect employment. This includes the ability to administer and monitor Affirmative Action programs and analyzing diversity reports.
o Associate Relations - Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes knowledge of federal and state laws, company policies and practices, and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an appropriate resolution to an employee or labor relations complaint.
o Recruitment and Hiring - Ability to recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates. This includes knowledge of best practices for each stage of the selection system.
o Training - The ability to perform training needs assessment analysis, develop training programs, and effectively delivering training modules to employees.
o Payroll - Knowledge of principles and application of human resources hourly and management payroll methods and practices.
o Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
o Computer Skills - The ability to use HRIS Systems (working knowledge of tools and processes for monitoring and evaluating personnel data), ability to use PeopleSoft software, and ability to use Microsoft Office (excel, word, access, and outlook).
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Compensation & Other Benefits
As per hotel policy.
Read Before Apply
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Application Deadline : February 6, 2019
Type: HR/Org. Development